The Development Process
I like to keep a customer informed every step of the way, because it's YOUR on-line presence not mine and you should be involved in the site
creation as much or as little as you want.
These aren't hard and fast rules, or a definitive guide of what will happen or what you have to do but they are a guide for those that haven't got a clue
of how it will work and would like to know before they approach someone to do their website for them.
Before you approach me
Before you even contact me it's worth considering the following list of things. If you can't work it out I can help (and it won't cost any more money), but
it would be really helpful and speed things up if you can :
- Are you sure you want and/or need a website ?
- What sort of website do you want - look for examples of what you like
- What colours do you want on your site ?
- Gather as many pictures/videos as you can
- Try to get an electronic copy of your logo
- How many pages do you want ?
- What do you want on each page (what wording do you want, pictures/videos, links) ?
After we meet
After we meet I'll begin the process of designing and developing your site. You can be as involved as you want in this, approving
each page as it completed and we can meet up as often or as little as you want.
- I'll document what we agreed
- I'll send you screenshots of your site as it progresses
- We can meet up as often or as little as you like to review progress
Before go live
Before we go live with your new site, there's a few things to do
- I'll make sure you are happy, and change things if you aren't (for free)
- I'll test every page in different types of browser
- I'll test every page in different size monitors
- I'll find you a domain name (the www.yourwebsite.com bit) if you haven't already
- I'll find hosting space for you if you haven't already
After go live
After your site goes live that isn't the end of the work (unless you want it to be). There's a few things that you as the site's owner and I
(as your web developer) should do to ensure that you get what you want and that people find the site and actually use it
- I'll register the site with all the top search engines (e.g. Google, Bing)
- I'll monitor and report to you on visitor traffic to the site
- I'll advise you on how to get it higher up the search rankings
- I'll make any post go live changes you need for free within the first few months
- I'll set-up your email addresses
Sound a bit too complicated for you ? It isn't really as it's just a step by step process and you can be involved as much or as little as
you want. Just give me a call and we'll see where it goes.